How can your digital text create a dialogue with your reader? What modes can you use to respond to the user?
Encourage readers to participate in the conversation with…
- Prompting questions and comment boxes on class blogs and ePortfolios.
- Have readers call in and leave a voicemail in response to a podcast.
- Create social media accounts to accompany a research project that posts content readers can comment, like, and re-post.
- Use Poll Everywhere to begin a text with a question.
- Embed a live Google Doc on an ePortfolio or blog that asks readers to contribute their own thoughts.
Google Slides and Keynote both allow you to easily create links to different pages within a single document opening up ways to create more dynamic tables of contents, image descriptions, and document organization.
Poll Everywhere, Kahoot!, and Instagram stories all allow the composer to create a question for the reader to submit either multiple choice or short answers to.
ZeeMaps and MapHub allow users to create interactive maps that have pinpoints with text, images, or videos.